Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I made this last night for my young women and they loved it.  Once you make this recipe, you'll never buy hummus from the store again!  Serve it with Stacey's pita chips or fresh veggies.

Hummus

In a vitamix, pulverize:
1 can garbanzo beans (drained)
½ C water
1 T olive oil
2-3 T tahini paste (sesame seed butter)
½- ¾  tsp salt (I also add garlic salt but I love me some salt)
½ tsp cumin
4 T lemon juice
2 small cloves crushed garlic

*for variations, add jalapeño & cilantro, roasted red pepper, sundried tomatoes or artichoke hearts.  For creamier or thinner texture, add more water or oil.

1 comment:

  1. We tried this today! It's really good, but I followed your measurements and it was super runny. So when you make it be more like April, and just guess so it doesn't get too runny. We ended up adding another can of garbanzo beans and it was a perfect consistency.

    ReplyDelete