Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Potato Soup from Heaven

Once upon a time Brody and I were engaged. Brody loved cooking, so I wanted to show him that I could cook (please contain your laughter). After looking at food.com I stumbled upon this little gem. The first time I made it, I forgot the blending step and tried to serve Brody a bunch of watery potatoes. He helped me see my mistake and all was well in the world. 

8 cups diced potatoes
1/3 cup onions, chopped
3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (10 & 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, cubed, softened

1. Put potatoes, onions, broth and cream of chicken soup in crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (I usually do it on high for 4-6 hours though).   Basically, the potatoes just need to be soft and blend-able.
3. After it's done cooking, add cream cheese cubes and put the entiremixture in the blender.
4. Top with bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream. 

 Just FYI: This makes about 12 servings. We always make a full batch and then take it for lunch the next couple of days. It's the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment